DescriptionDescription of practiceBased on ever faster changing conditions (laws, regulations, customer needs) and decreasing governmental financial support for the social sector three and now four organisations working in the handicapped aid decided to work in close cooperation. Within the cooperation they followed mainly two goals:
Results and outcomesResults and outcomes of the CAF implementationWithin this approach CAF triggered fundamental changes in the organisations and raised awareness among key stakeholder such as:
1. Common Assessment Framework could be positioned as a new central control model in Styrian Life Support organizations: In the first step 3 organisations (Bruck-Kapfenberg, Ennstal and Leoben: short „LH 3“) concentrated, optimized effects from 2015 in coordination with the styrian govermental department office of Counciler Siegfried Schrittwieser and current with the office of Councilor Mag. Doris Kampus
2. Standardized, coordinated organizational competence, strategy, economic and pedagogical performance competence: Quality-oriented planning coordination with the province of Styria, Department of Social Affairs and Department 11, social welfare associations, municipalities and other authorities.
3. Network development as visionary and innovative service providers.
4. Transferability of the developed social CAF system to other organizations in Styria by good practice: From „LH 3 to LH 4“ (Lebenshilfe Mürztal).
5. Synergetic CAF model: Increasing efficiency and effectiveness such as realizing / further realizable cost optimization.
6. Standardization and planning security: Key figures and benchlearning, comparability and transparency.
7. Discussing further opportunities: Transferability of the LH 4 CAF model to social carrier organizations in Styria and Austria.
The factors of success in this joint CAF-Implementation in the handicapped aid are:
- The recognition of ever faster changing external and internal conditions (new laws and regulations, changed needs of customers, decreasing budgets).
- The involvement of the responsible social department of the province of Styria under councillor Mag. Doris Kampus.
- In addition, the competent CAF department of the province of Styria was also involved with the head of the CAF project, Ing. Helfried Ogrisek. The good results and experiences from the roll out of the CAF Program 2014/2015 of the province of Styria were helpful trailblazers.
- The support of the Centre of Public Administration Research (KDZ) in the implementation
- To analyse the company and above all openly to face its weaknesses (SWOT-analysis: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).
- The willingness of the three/four managing directors for improvement as well as for cooperation and exchange.
- The involvement of the employees combined with an optimized internal communication.
- The CAF-questionnaire adapted to the needs of handicapped aid organisations involving disabled persons from the beginning facilitated the self-assessment strongly.
- The joint workshops supported the cooperation and exchange process.
|Type of organisationType of organisation||Agency|
|Function of organisationFunction of organisation||Social Protection|
|Size of organisationSize of organisation||10-50|
|Level of governmentLevel of government||Local Government, Regional Government|
|Effective CAF user dateDate since effective CAF user||December 2016|
|OrganisationName of Organisation||Association for Life Aid Bruck-Kapfenberg|
|DepartmentDepartment of the organisation|
|AddressAddress of the organisation||Viktor-Adler-Straße 447° 28' 4.63" N, 15° 20' 19.58" E|
|ZIPZIP code (postal code)||8605|
|CityCity, town or village||Kapfenberg|
|WebsiteLink to the Website of the Organisation||https://www.lebenshilfe-bruck.at/|
|EmailEmail of Organisation|
|PersonName of contact person|
|Job titleJob title of the contact person|