This is the person responsible for designing, improving and performing processes, and their coordination and integration inside the organisation. Their responsibilities include the following:
By employing these steps the process owner has the chance to improve the process continually.
- Understand the process: how is it carried out in practice?
- Target the process: how does it fit into the broader vision? Who are the internal and external stakeholders and are their expectations met? How does the process relate to other processes?
- Communicate the process to the internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor, measure and benchmark the process: to what extent is the process efficient and effective?
- Report the process: what exactly can be improved? Where are the weaknesses and how can they be targeted?